miss the F1 Report: Chi | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
jokergreen Feb 14
NEW ORLEANS -- Pelicans?star Anthony Davis?will be eased back into action in training camp and the preseason, but the team expects him to be ready for its regular-season opener on Oct. Cheapest Yeezy 350 V3 . 26.Davis, 23, said he feels fine and is all in for practice and two-a-days after the first big medical procedure of his career, an ultrasonic debridement of his left knee in March. But Pelicans GM Dell Demps said the team is taking a long view with Davis recovery.Were going to be real smart with him during training camp, Demps said at Fridays media day. So if you come to practice or you see him not working out, our goal is to get him 100 percent ready for the start of the regular season. So were going to be monitoring his workload. We do expect him to be full go on opening night.Davis, a three-time All-Star, reiterated his commitment to New Orleans for the long term and to staying on the court after failing to reach 70 games played in each of his first four NBA seasons.This offseason was big just to get back on the floor, he said. Where some of our guys wanted to improve their games, mine was, Can I be ready for the first game. Im ready. From there, [it was about] withstanding an entire season without missing games. Stuff happens. You cant control what happens. But stuff that I can control, I want to control. I think our doctors and our trainers are doing a great job of getting me back to that point. I feel like I can withstand an 82-game season right now.Meanwhile, the Pelicans will not have Tyreke Evans and Quincy Pondexter for the start of the season. Demps said both former starters could be available as early as November, but returns in December or January are more realistic.Evans, 27, underwent three surgeries on his right knee in the span of nine months and revealed Friday that he also suffered a blood clot in his calf following the most recent procedure, an osteochondral autograft transfer system (OATS) procedure to replace cartilage in three areas of his knee in February.Evans said that though the clot was painful, he was given pills by doctors and it went away after two days. Evans said the issue wasnt a concern moving forward, and that he maintains a good relationship with the organization.When asked what the last hurdle in his recovery was, Evans said, Just getting my knee stronger. Im working out right now and Im able to put the ball on the floor, moving pretty good. A lot of people say they cant really tell that Im hurt, but I just know I need to get a little bit stronger. Thats just rehab with the trainers, getting my quad stronger.Pondexter, who missed all of last season after having two surgeries on his left knee, said theres no swelling and there have been no setbacks in his recovery, but Demps said the team has decided to take it a little bit slower moving forward.Its not like it was one little scope, or one little surgery. Its two major surgeries, Pondexter said. Its been 16 months, and it still has to get a lot stronger again for me to play or withstand an NBA season or game.Were working on it. Were using all our resources to make it better. Im really looking forward to stepping back on that court. I know Im probably going to bust out in tears, for sure.Pondexter, 27, has participated in some team workouts this offseason. When asked if Pondexter will ever play again, Demps said that hes betting on him returning.Its been a long, long journey, Pondexter said. Theres not a person thats attacked their situation or worked harder than me in this thing. I wish everyone knew how much Im working and Im dedicating my life to getting back on the court and playing for this team and this organization.Evans and Pondexter will not travel with the Pelicans to China for their two preseason Global Games matchups with the Houston Rockets. Demps said theyll receive better estimates for both players in two to four weeks.When asked if any of the recovering players had setbacks or additional procedures this offseason, Demps said, I think in any type of rehab, there are setbacks sometimes. There are situations where guys are going back and forth and getting there, and I think thats part of it. But nothing that I would say has not been anticipated.Point guard Jrue Holiday is expected to miss an undetermined portion of the start of the season to be with his wife, Lauren Holiday, who is expected to undergo surgery to remove a benign tumor from the right side of her brain, and care for their newborn daughter.New Orleans lost 351 games to injury and illness last season, the second most in the past decade, and finished 12th in the Western Conference at 30-52. Cheap Air Max Shoes With Free Shipping . -- Mike Smith never saw his first NHL goal go in. Air Max 270 Store .Y. - Nelson Mandela will be honoured by the New York Yankees with a plaque in Monument Park. http://www.cheapestairmaxstore.com/...ke-cortez-cheap.html . Any real chance at payback wont come until the playoff. Still, Pittsburgh knows its taut 3-2 win over the Bruins on Wednesday night is a pretty good place to start laying the groundwork. "They are a very good defensive team," Penguins forward Brandon Sutter said.The all-new Team Haas has scored 18 points in the first two races, two fewer than the long-established Williams team. The former has done it with a staff of 120 people and an annual budget believed to be in the region of £80m. The latter has a staff of over 600 and a budget around three times that of Haas.But while its been a remarkable achievement by Haas, the comparison with Williams is hardly a fair one. Williams is a bona-fide constructor, creating almost everything on its cars from scratch, the design based on data it has generated from its own wind tunnel and staff. By contrast, Haas has plugged into another team - Ferrari - to generate the data and got an outside sub-contractor - Dallara - to build a car based on the general layout of a Ferrari, with aerodynamic research conducted in large part by ex-Ferrari personnel in the Ferrari wind tunnel. The listed parts that cannot be provided by another team are: the monocoque, survival cell, front impact structures, roll-over structures, bodywork, wings, floor and diffuser. However, there is nothing saying these parts cannot be designed and/or built by an outside contractor (in this case, Dallara) that is not another team. Suspensions, brake ducts, rear crash structures, engines, transmissions can be, and are, supplied by Ferrari. The Haas business model - which required a change to the FIA regulation for the listed parts - is an even more vexed question now than when the project was first announced. Because what Romain Grosjean has been able to prove in both Melbourne and Bahrain is that the resultant Haas VF-16 is fully competitive with the cars of Williams and actually more competitive than cars from other bona-fide constructors such as Force India and Sauber.Although much improved since 2015, McLaren, with staff numbers nearing 1,000 and a budget believed to be in excess of £250m, were comfortably out-qualified and out-raced by Haas in Bahrain. There is every prospect of Haas securing a similar points-based income to the big teams, despite needing only a fraction of their outlay. Long term, it threatens to make the business model of teams such as Williams - not factory teams, but genuine constructors - obsolete.Had the new Haas arrived and proved no faster than other recent start-up teams such as Marussia or Caterham - both of which qualified as true constructors, building their own cars, using their own wind tunnel programmes etc - then existing independents would not be getting too upset. Thats clearly not the case and in Bahrain post-race, Grosjean was adamant there was even more performance to come.Well, first there is the normal development that we will have in terms of new parts and aero pieces, but there will be performance also just from getting more familiar with what we have, he said. We are still learning about this car and somme of the settings on it are very basic - the diff maps and so on - and these are things that we can develop as we do more running. Yeezy 350 Store. I actually think this is very important for the future of F1, says team principal Guenther Steiner. The cars are so advanced today, so much technology in these things, that if you start from zero with a new team, its impossible. I think unless we show this way is possible, then no-one new comes in future. If it becomes too difficult, thats not good.Initially the long listed parts list included high-price but low performance impact items, says Williams technical director Pat Symonds. But its since been eroded. I think this could be quite a bad development for F1.The Ferrari-Haas development has been a thorny subject, even among other factory teams. Mercedes asked the FIA for clarification at last years Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, not because of concern over the fate of independent teams, but because of the advantages knowledge gained during Haas unrestricted tunnel time (tunnel time restrictions only apply to a team once it has entered the championship and at the time the VF-16 was conceived, Haas was not an existing entrant) could have conferred upon Ferrari.The FIA stewards were able to allay Mercedes concerns with further clarifications on the wind tunnel and shared parts wording. Chinese GP on Sky TV times and full schedule for the Chinese GP on Sky Sports But for teams like Williams, Sauber, Force India and Manor, the concern is that it could lead to the formation of other second-tier factory teams, using something similar to the Ferrari-Haas model to create cut-price but high-performing teams that can comfortably out-perform genuine independents.With long-established independent teams such as Sauber reportedly in financial stress already, might other traditional independents come to find it impossible to perform their way out of difficulty? MHDont miss the F1 Report: Chinese GP preview on Wednesday at 8.30pm on Sky Sports F1. Five-time GP winner John Watson and F1 author Roger Smith join Natalie Pinkham to look ahead to round three of the season. Every race live in 2016 Sky Sports F1 brings you every race live in 2016. Fast and easy online upgrade - click here Also See: Haas living the American dream When is the Chinese GP on Sky? ' ' '