bout things too much and made me | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
jokergreen Feb 14
(Sports Network) - A former teammate will try to cool down Alfonso Soriano as the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox square off in the rubber match of a three-game set at Fenway Park. Fake Nike Air Max 1 . Soriano and Ryan Dempster spent the prime years of their careers together on the Chicago Cubs. Now Dempster will be on the mound for Boston as it looks to increase its two-game lead over Tampa Bay for first place in the AL East. You can see all the action on TSN2 beginning at 8pm et/5pm pt. The 36-year old right-hander has taken three consecutive no decisions, although he pitched very well in his last outing. Dempster limited the Blue Jays to just one run on four hits over seven innings of work on Tuesday and the Red Sox went on to win for the sixth time in a row in games he started. Dempster will be in good shape if Boston carries over some of the momentum it built up during the hitting clinic it put on in Saturdays 6-1 victory. Jacoby Ellsbury and David Ortiz led a 14-hit outburst. Ellsbury went 3-for-5 with two RBI and Ortiz belted a solo homer while collecting a pair of hits and scoring twice. John Lackey contributed 6 2/3 effective innings on the mound to help the Red Sox halt a three-game skid that included a 10-3 defeat to their AL East rivals in Fridays series opener. "The guys did great swinging the bats against a guy thats having a great year," said Lackey. Will Middlebrooks went 2-for-3 and is now batting .435 in seven games since being called back up to the majors on Aug. 10. Shane Victorino broke out of a slump by going 2-for-5, but Dustin Pedroia went hitless in five at-bats. The Yankees will send CC Sabathia to the hill to offset Bostons high powered offense. The 6-7 southpaw improved to .500 on the season after he surrendered two earned runs on three hits in six innings of New Yorks 14-7 win over the Angels on Tuesday. "I was just able to pick these guys up today," Sabathia said after the win. "I feel like, throughout the course of the year, I havent been able to make pitches and eliminate some of the errors. So I was able to do that tonight and we got the win." New Yorks offense has been paced by Soriano recently. The seven-time All-Star is 15-for-22 with five home runs over his past five games. He hit a pair of singles in four at-bats without driving in a run in Saturdays loss after tying the MLB record held by Joe DiMaggio, Lou Gehrig, Jim Bottomley, Tony Lazzeri and Sammy Sosa for the most RBI in a four-game span with 18. Robinson Cano will be looking to bounce back after having an 11-game hitting streak end with an 0-for-4 showing at the plate. Lyle Overbay finished 3-for-4 and scored New Yorks lone run in the loss. Meanwhile, Yankees outfielder Ichiro Suzuki has 3,995 career hits (1,278 in Japan) and will soon join Pete Rose (4,256) and Ty Cobb (4,191) as the only members of the elite 4,000-hit club. The Red Sox have won six of their last eight games at Fenway Park. New York has lost five of its last six away from home and is 29-32 on the road in 2013. Boston is 7-4 against the Yankees this season. Nike Air Max 1 2020 .Y. -- Vancouver Canucks goaltender Roberto Luongo had little trouble picking up his first shutout of the season against a Buffalo Sabres team thats having trouble scoring goals. Replica Nike Air Max 1 . According to a report from the Winnipeg Free Press, the Bombers will name Acting GM Kyle Walters to the post full time. https://www.cheapairmax1store.com/ . -- Kyrie Irvings last-minute 3-pointer helped seal another victory for Cleveland -- and the Cavaliers longest winning streak since LeBron James left. RIO DE JANEIRO --?Forget the pressure. Forget the hype. Simone Biles is immune to all of it.Dynamic on vault. Effortless on beam. Jaw-dropping on floor. Brilliant all over. And now, finally, an Olympic champion.The 19-year-old American soared to the all-around title on Thursday by putting the gap between herself and the rest of the world on full display under the Olympic spotlight. Her total of 62.198 was well clear of the scores of silver medalist and Final Five teammate Aly Raisman and Russian bronze medalist Aliya Mustafina.Biles became the fourth straight American woman and fifth overall to win the all-around title while cementing her reputation as the best of her generation and perhaps ever. She burst into tears when her final total was posted and her long journey to this moment ended.The 2.1-point margin of victory is larger than the combined margin by which she won her three world all-around titles (2.075).Im very excited and relieved. Ive finally done it, Biles said. You never know the feeling until it hits you. I kept reminding myself to do the routines I had practiced, which I did. When Aly started crying, I had to tell her to stop because I knew Id start crying. I had to focus. It means the world to me.I was thinking, Ive finally done it, and when that hits you, you cant stop the emotions. I was very proud.Biles has spent the past three years dominating her sport. She has won 15 world championship medals, including 10 gold, with routines so astonishing in their mix of ambition and precision that 1984 Olympic champion Mary Lou Retton called Biles the greatest gymnast Ive ever seen.One last test awaited in Brazil, a contest not so much between Biles and the rest of the field as between Biles and the burden of oversized expectations. Heading back to her familys home in Spring, Texas, with anything less than a fistful of golds would have been a disappointment.Biles earned her first gold Tuesday while serving as the exclamation point to retiring national team coordinator Martha Karolyis going away party. Although Biles insisted she has never looked ahead during her long run at the top, thats not exactly true. A portion of her floor exercise routine -- the one that includes her signature tumbling pass -- is set to Latin music that would fit right in on the street outside the Rio Olympic Arena. Nike Air Max 1 2022. Its not a coincidence.Biles was adopted by her grandparents as a toddler, and she was discovered by coach Aimee Boormans mother during a field trip to the gym where Boorman was coaching. Biles hasnt lost an all-around competition since the summer of 2013, and the win streak should go on as long as Biles wants.Although Mustafina took a small lead through two rotations, it was a mirage. Balance beam and floor exercise -- where Biles is the defending world champion -- lay in wait. Biles went back in front with a 15.433 on beam and capped it with a 15.933 on floor.Im not a celebrity. Im just Simone Biles, but its amazing to be recognized for all of this success for myself and for Team USA, she said. Im not the next Usain Bolt or Michael Phelps. Im the first Simone Biles. To me, Im just the same Simone. I just have two Olympic gold medals now. I feel like I did my job tonight.Raisman hugged Biles gently as they awaited the final score -- a mere formality -- and tears appeared around Biles glittery red, white and blue eyeliner when the vision she once wrote in a scrapbook became a reality.Raismans performance was a bit of revenge from four years ago, when she tied for third but lost the bronze to Mustafina on a tiebreaker. This time, the 22-year-old team captain, whom the American gymnasts call grandma, was well ahead.She blew kisses to the crowd after her floor exercise, overcome by a comeback that at times seemed in doubt.It made me not think about things too much and made me more confident, Raisman said. I knew going into tonight I was going to get the silver medal because I was going to hit four events.Biles and Raisman are just the second pair of American gymnasts to sweep the top two spots in the all-around. Nastia Liukin and Shawn Johnson did it in 2008.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report. ' ' '